I know there are lots of Blender Hollandaise recipes out here on Zaar, but this one is bit different, in that it uses some mustard. Got this recipe out of an old Sunset Magazine cookbook calledSunset Hors d'oeuvres. It's easy, tasty and no would would ever guess that it came from a blender.
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- add 1 dash cayenne
- add 1 tablespoon hot water
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 3 egg yolks
- Put egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender.
- Melt butter or margarine and heat until it bubbles, but don't let it brown.
- Add hot water to egg yolks and lemon juice.
- Blend on high and immediately pour in hot butter in a steady stream.
- Add salt, cayenne and mustard.
- Blend about 30 seconds.