Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
Kick-off your game day party with this creative football sandwich.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 Rhodes Texas rolls, thawed but still cold
- add 1 egg, beaten
- add butter, if desired
- add 2 lettuce leaves
- add 6 oz sliced turkey
- add 1/2 C cranberry sauce
- Cut one roll in half and roll one of the pieces into a 10-inch rope. Cut the rope into 4 segments for the laces. Set aside.
- Press remaining 2 1/2 rolls into a football shape leaving the top mounded. Pull the ends to exaggerate the points. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. With a knife, make a slight cut across the top of the football not quite reaching the points.
- Lay each lace across the cut. Using a toothepick or knife, push the ends of the laces down into the football securing them tightly.
- Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350F 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and then slice. Spread with butter if desired and stuff with lettuce, turkey and cranberry sauce or your favorite fixings. This makes one large football sandwich.