Panini with 4 Italian cheeses and tomatoes with basil....grilled cheese will never be the same again!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 tablespoons asiago cheese or parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- add 1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese (4 ounces)
- add 4 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise (spread outsides with butter) or 8 slices firm white bread (spread outsides with butter)
- add 8 slices tomatoes
- add 1/2 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- add 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- add 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (3 ounces)
- add 8 arugula leaves (optional, but recommended)
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Spread the cheese on the bottoms of the ciabatta rolls. Top with tomato slices and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with basil and add 2 arugula leaves and close the panini.
- Set a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over moderately high heat. Arrange the panini in skillet and weight them down with a smaller pan (can fill with water if you need more weight). Cook the panini until the outside is crisp and the cheese is melted, 3 minutes per side.
- Cut panini in half and serve at once.