I got this from an Episcopal Church cookbook on a visit to St. John's/Divine in NYC. The cake is very good and not real sweet.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1/2 cup margarine
- add 2 cups sifted cake flour
- add 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- add 1 tablespoon cocoa
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1/2 pint sour cream
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Sift flour, soda and baking powder together.
- Cream sugar and margarine together.
- and beat in eggs.
- Add 1/4 of flour mixture and 1/3 of sour cream; continue to alternate.
- and cream until blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Combine ingredients, pour 1/3 batter into pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 filling over batter.
- Add another 1/3 batter and remaining filling.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Marble with knife.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minute Dust with powdered sugar when cool.
- 12 servings.