French Silk Pie
Hands down, THE most requested item for birthdays or any other occasion in my husband's family! To die for!
- 1 8 inch graham cracker pie crust
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Cream the margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy with a hand-mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating 3 minutes after each.
- Melt the chocolate slowly, either on stovetop or microwave.
- Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla to the egg mixture, combining well.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with the whipped whipping cream- do not add sugar to it.
Location: San Francisco , CA