This is an Emeril recipe. I was afraid to make Hollandaise Sauce until this recipe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- add 1 bunch asparagus
- add salt
- add 4 egg yolks
- add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- add 1 tablespoon water
- add 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1/2 lb butter
- add cayenne
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Trim the asparagus. Place the asparagus in the water and blanch for about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the water and season with salt and pepper.
- While the asparagus are blanching, prepare the sauce. In a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water over medium heat, whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice, water, mustard and parsley. Season with salt and cayenne.
- Whisk the mixture until pale yellow and slightly thick. Be careful not to let the bowl touch the water.
- Remove the bowl from the pot and whisking vigorously, add the butter, 1 tsp at a time, until all is incorporated.
- Place the asparagus on a platter and spoon the Hollandaise sauce over the top.