i was able to get fresh berries at a great price today, and had the day off to experiment- as you can see by the photo, this is incredible! you can use any liquer you want, or leave it out. you can also use any fruits you want, inclusing kiwi.. the fruit measurements are aproximate, as i just filled in the spaces.
- add 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 2 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
- add 1 pie crust, baked (your own recipe or frozen, etc)
- add 1 tablespoon triple sec (optional)
- add 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- add 1 tablespoon triple sec
- add 2 cups whole milk or cream
- add 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- add 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- add 2/3 cup sugar
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1 pinch salt
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- add 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- bake pie crust, cool.
- add sugar, flour, arrowroot and salt to a saucepan.
- whisk together eggs and milk, add to sugar mixture, stirring over medium heat.
- cook stirring with a wooden spoon until thickened and bubbly.
- remove from heat.
- stir in vanilla and butter.
- stir in cardamom and triple sec (if using).
- let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- add almonds to pie crust.
- top with cardamom cream filling.
- top with fresh fruit.
- microwave preserves and triple sec for 40 seconds, or until heated.
- stir well.
- brush onto pie as a glaze.
- cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.