I make this cake at least once every summer, when fresh strawberries are in season. It's delicious! I found the recipe in a cook book titled, "A World of Baking".
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2-3/4 cup crushed strawberries
- add 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 cup powdered sugar
- add 3/4 cup fresh crushed strawberries
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR CAKE: Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scrapping the sides of the bowl.
- Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with strawberries.
- Beat for two minutes.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch round greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Turn out on to wire cooling racks to cool.
- When cool, top with Strawberry Glaze.
- FOR STRAWBERRY GLAZE: Mix together all ingredients.
- Use enough strawberries to thin mixture.