What a wonderful combination mother nature arranged to ripen at the same time. This pie is quick and simple. Prep time does not include pie crust.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 cups fresh rhubarb
- add 2 cups fresh strawberries
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1 1/3 cups sugar
- add 2 tablespoons orange juice
- add 1 dash salt
- add 2 9-inch pie shells
- add sugar
- add 1/3 cup flour
- Line 9" pie plate with crust.
- Pour rhubarb and strawberries into large bowl and sprinkle with orange juice; mix gently.
- Add sugar, flour and salt and mix.
- Pour into pie plate and dot with butter; adjust top crust, seal and vent; cover edges with narrow piece of foil.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 375° and bake another 40-45 minutes until bubbling and browned.
- Remove foil last 10 minutes to brown edges if needed.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle liberally with sugar.