Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
I used to live near a wonderful old gentleman who produced tomatoes as fast as I could think up recipes for them. This is one of the favorites.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 refrigerated 9-inch piecrust, room temp
- add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- add 1 cup ricotta cheese
- add 1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
- add 1 tbs butter or olive oil
- add 2 tbs chopped sweet onion
- add 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced thinly
- add 1 tbs dried basil
- add 1 tbs dried oregano
- add 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- add Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Gently fit the crust into a 9-inch quiche dish. Prick bottom and sides. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove. Reduce oven to 325. Combine cheeses, sweet onions and mushrooms. Spoon into the baked crust. Arrange the tomato slices in lightly overlapping circular pattern over filling. Sprinkle with herbs, chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before cutting and serving.