fried banana chips (kerepek pisang)
Filed Under: Snack,
I love to have this banana chips with green tea on the bus when I am on the way back to my home town...It makes me feel....I am home soon:)
- Use medium heat to heat up cooking oil with butter.
- Prepare a large tray (I prefer bamboo tray) line with kitchen towel or sieve.
- Remove banana skin and slice as thin as possible.
- Fried banana a little a time with warm enough cooking oil until golden in color. (Do NOT use ripe banana! It will turn bitter and very unpleasant result)
- (meantime, you can do the slicing again instead of watching the fried banana)
- Remove fried golden banana onto the tray. Allow about 2 minutes to let the cooking oil bring to its hot.Do the fried again until the banana slices finish.
- Allow Banana chips to cool before sprinkle salt to taste.
- Store in an air tight container.