This is a wonderful moist and rich cake. If you like to can peaches in the summer this is perfect for you. It is a good way to use up old bottled fruit. Requires no eggs!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 quart canned fruit, with juice (I like peaches)
- add 1 cup raisins (optional)
- add 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- add 1 teaspoon cloves
- add 1 cup oil
- add 4 cups flour
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 4 teaspoons baking soda
- add 1 cup coconut (optional)
- add 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Blend fruit with the juice in blender.
- In a large bowl add the fruit mixture to the oil and sugar and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Pour into 9X13 inch greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Frost with a butter cream frosting or with a cream cheese frosting. (Which is the one I recommend.).