This recipe is a family favorite, very moist and lots of fruit in it. The recipe came out of the Marquette Mining Journal newspaper in Michigan.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- add 3/4 cup sugar
- add 2 1/2 cups flour
- add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 1 1/2 cups sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 1/2 cup oleo
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail (undrained)
- Beat eggs and sugar. Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Spread in greased,13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle batter with the walnuts and 1 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan, boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over the still warm bars.