Servs: 1 Prep: Cook:
I started a 'common sense' nutritional program. I don't call it the 'D' word, simply because a diet (thats a four letter word) just doesn't work for me. I typically start my day with this smoothie, and often end it the same way.
- add 2 cups soy milk - vanilla or plain
- add 3 or 4 good size frozen strawberries
- add 1 small banana - optional
- add 2 Tablespoons (heaping) frozen blueberries - optional
- add Sugar substitute to taste
- add 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract - optional
- add Possible substitutions:
- add 1 small pitted fresh or several slices of canned peaches (drained of juice)
- add 6 frozen green or black seedless grapes
- add 3 or 4 ounces chunked fresh mango
- add Use your imagination! Any fresh, frozen or canned fruit that you like.
- Add soy milk to a blender. Start on a medium Puree setting. Add banana a chunk at a time. Increase blender speed to Liquify. Be sure you use the top on the blender. Add frozen strawberries and/or other fruit. Frozen or fresh.
- Add sugar substitute and vanilla.
- Continue to blend till all ingredients are smooth.
- For a more cold or frozen treat, add 4 or 5 ice cubes.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!