A friend of mine gave me this recipe and I have changed it some to my liking. I make a batch of it and freeze it in serving size containers.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 cup sugar
- add 3 bay leaves
- add 4 medium green peppers
- add 3 lbs ripe tomatoes
- add 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 1 tablespoon black pepper
- add 1 tablespoon basil
- add 2 cups white vinegar
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 3-4 stalks celery
- add 4 large onions
- add 1 (13 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1 tablespoon oregano
- Saute onions, celery and green peppers.
- Mix tog the vinegar, sugar and tomato paste, add all the spices to this mix.
- Add this mixture with the tomatoes to sauted vegetables and stir to mix.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring to keep from burning.
- Cool slightly.
- Add about 2 cups at a time into a blender to puree to make a smooth sauce.
- Now it is ready to serve or freeze in serving size portions.