The chicken is stuffed with creamy ricotta, spinach, and garlic and then gently cooked in a rich tomato sauce. This is a really easy chicken dish that looks impressive and tastes outstanding. This is a suitable dish to make ahead of time. You could even add Parmesan Cheese and Artichoke Slices to the stuffing for an even tastier Chicken!
- add 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- add 3 garlic cloves
- add 6 tablespoons wine or chicken stock
- add 4 chicken breasts
- add 4 cups egg noodles, cooked and buttered to serve (or Other Pasta)
- add 10 stuffed olives
- add 1 onion
- add 1 red bell pepper
- add 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Make a slit between the skin and meat on one side of each chicken breast.
- Put the spinach into a strainer and press out the water with a spoon and mix with the ricotta, half the garlic, and seasoning.
- Spoon the spinach mixture under the skin of each chicken breast, then secure the edge of the skin with toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onion, and fry for a minute, stirring.
- Add the remaining garlic and red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wine or stock, olives and seasoning (Set the chicken aside and chill if preparing in advance).
- Bring the sauce to a boil, pour into a shallow ovenproof dish and arrange the chicken breasts on top in a single layer.
- Cook uncovered in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 35 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Spoon a little of the sauce over the chicken breasts then transfer to plates and serve with pasta.