This has become a family staple. I make it at least once or twice a month. Very simple, very tasty. It uses an entire bulb of garlic separated but not peeled. The kids used to fight for the cooked garlic afterwards. Just squeeze the cloves to release the garlic in your mouth. The cooking process softens the clove and the strong pungent taste. What's left is a mild garlicky, sweet, mushy flavor. Serve with a nice salad and a green veggie.
- add 4-6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 5 inch size)
- add 1/4-1/2 cup honey
- add 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- add 4 chicken legs-thighs, skin removed (don't use boneless)
- add 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled (the whole bulb)
- add salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place chichen in a 13x9 casserole dish with 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes between chicken pieces.
- Place garlic cloves between chicken and potato pieces.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour honey (I use the squirt bottle kind) all over chicken and potatoes.
- Set timer for 5 minutes.
- After timer goes off, baste the chicken with the pan juices and reset the timer for 5 more minutes.
- Repeat basting four more times for a total of 20 minutes.