I know this sounds really weird & it took some cooercing for my friend to get me to try it. It is quite addictive. Huge hit at parties & pot lucks. Adjust garlic & onion to your preference. **Do not substitute Miracle whip for the mayo. This tastes funky if you use miracle whip.
- add 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or colby-monterey jack cheese
- add 2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- add 3-8 garlic cloves, pressed or 1 teaspoon of jarred minced garlic
- add jalapeno jelly, and or raspberry preserves
- add 1-2 tablespoon chopped onions (I prefer a touch of minced onion instead as I don't like onions much)
- Fill a soup/salad bowl with grated cheese.It will take up less room as you
- Add garlic & onion to your preference.***This recipe is meant to have a powerful amount of garlic flavor.
- Add mayo by spoonful & mix until it's about the same consistency as pimento cheese spread.Of course, taste with a dab of jalapeno jelly on a cracker & adjust garlic &
- onion & mayo to your preference.
- Best if chilled for an hour before serving.
- Do not top with jelly or preserves until you are ready to serve it.
- Serve cheese spread smushed out a little on a
- saucer/plate.Spoon jalapeno jelly or raspberry preserves over the top.You want to have about the same amount of jelly/preserves as cheese spread.
- You want about a 1:1 ratio of cheese spread to jelly on your cracker for it to taste perfect.
- (Jalapeno jelly does not have the heat of jalapenos.It just has the flavor.So if you are afraid of jalapenos, don't be afraid of the jelly.).
- I usually have one dish with the jalapeno jelly & another dish with the raspberry preserves because many of my people are scared of the jalapeno jelly.
- The recipe's creator says you must use Club crackers, but I prefer the ritz type.