I have made these a few times. I cut the oil downquite a bit and subsitute chicken or beef broth. The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- add 1 egg
- add pepper
- add 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs (or 1/2 cup fresh)
- add 16-20 large white mushrooms
- add 3-4 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- If you've got a melon baller, scoop out some of the mushroom's insides.
- Chop all mushroom bits finely.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Add more oil if mixture looks dry.
- Should look shiny.
- Lightly oil an oven proof-serving dish
- Use a spoon to stuff mushroom caps and place in oiled baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are browned and mushrooms are soft
- Serve warm or at room temperature.