The pool-side restaurant at the Kea Lani Hotel on Maui serves a sauce like this with their burgers and onion rings. I loved it so much I could have eaten it by the spoonful. I brought a bottle home and attempted to replicate it. I think this is very close!
- add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- add 1 teaspoon freshly ground coarse black pepper
- add 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- add 1 cup catsup
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 2 (12 ounce) bottles chili sauce
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour into bottles and store in refrigerator.