Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"These tasty pickled eggs are great to keep around as a snack. For red eggs, substitute beet juice for water."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 12 eggs
- add 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- add 1 cup water
- add 1 onion, sliced into rings
- add 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- add 1/4 cup white sugar
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Place the eggs in a 1 quart jar with the onion rings.
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil the vinegar, water, sugar and garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the eggs and cover. Refrigerate 1 week before serving.