This recipe contains a flavorful and simple technique for grilling beef steak, which also works well on pork ribs. The result is savory, juicy meat.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- add 4 rib eye steaks or New York strip steaks or sirloin steaks (1 1/2" thick)
- add 1 cup hot water
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir the hot water, salt, and cayenne pepper together and let stand, covered.
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Pat them dry with paper towels.
- Grill steaks over direct heat, basting each side twice with a small spoonful of the pepper mixture during grilling.
- Cook the steaks for about 10 minutes per side, depending on their thickness, the heat of your flame, and your preference for degree of doneness.
- I prefer to grill with charcoal for its added flavor.