This is my favorite summer salad. It's light but filling and has delicious flavor. I like it with garbanzo beans in place of the white beans in place of the cannellini beans. The recipe is from Cooking Light.
- add 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- add 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- add 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- add 1 cup diced cucumbers
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 2 cups diced tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- add 3 tablespoons tomato juice
- add 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- add 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- add 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- add 1/3 cup chopped green bell peppers
- add 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine salad greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing mixture, tossing gently to combine. Serve immediately.