If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 English cucumber (about 13 inches long)
- add 2 cups V8 or tomato juice
- add 1 small red bell pepper
- add 1 celery rib
- add a 1/4-pound piece jícama
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, or to tasteGarnish: chopped fresh chives
- add 1 small garlic clove
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and cut each half lengthwise into 3 spears. Cut spears crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Peel jcama and cut enough into 1/4-inch dice to measure 1 cup. Cut bell pepper and celery into 1/4-inch dice and add with diced jcama to cucumber. Mince garlic and toss with cucumber mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients and season soup with salt and pepper.
- In a blender purée half of soup until smooth and return to bowl, stirring to combine. Chill soup, covered, until cold, at least 1 hour, and up to 2 days.
- Season soup and serve garnished with chives.