My mom used to make these German cookies around X-mas time every year. Awesome! They are also great year round.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 cup coarse sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1 egg yolk
- add 250 g butter (unsalted)
- add 125 g sugar
- add 400 g all-purpose flour
- add 1 lemon
- add 1 egg white
- Mix Flower, sugar, vanilla, butter, lemon peels+ eggs all together to be mixed in food processor beat on high level, approx.
- 3 minutes.
- Knead dough w/yr hands until smooth+ gather dough into a ball.
- Place dough 2 hours in refrigerator for resting.
- Cover w/parchment paper.
- Knead dough thoroughly, form sticks finger sized, place in S-form on baking tray (parchment paper for non sticking), let them go numb in the refrigerator.
- Dip the upper side of formed and numbed Butter-S cookie dough into the egg white and than in coarse sugar.
- Return to the tray.
- Preheat+ cook at 350°F in oven, 8-10 minutes until light-yellow.
- Let stand on bars until cool.
- Store in a can (up to 3-4 weeks) on a cold place w/parchment paper between layers.