I came up with this recipe while thinking of the foods that are German staples and how I could mix them together in a way that result in a satisfying, memorable meal. I won a chili cookoff with this recipe one week later. I hope you enjoy.
- add 2 dashes salt or hot salt
- add 6 ounces of german rauchbier beer (this is a smoky beer)
- add 2 cups water
- add 4 (16 ounce) cans bush dry northern white beans
- add 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- add 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages McCormicks chicken white-bean chili seasoning
- add 2 teaspoons of ground garlic and herb seasoning
- add 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- add 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- add 1 lb german bockwurst
- add 4 slices smoked gouda cheese (thin slices)
- add 1 cup milk
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 4 tablespoons stoneground German mustard
- add 1 lb ground turkey
- add 8 ounces franks Bavarian-style sweet sauerkraut
- Brown the ground turkey and the bockwurst in a large skillet.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, put in the heavy crème.
- Remove dark edge from the gouda and add the gouda to the pot.
- Stir until the gouda is melted.
- Add the 2 packages of chili seasoning, ground pepper, salt, seasoning, milk, and mustard and stir well.
- Add the 4 cans of white beans and 2 cans of diced tomatoes& green chilis Drain the sourkraut and add half of it to the pot.
- Once browned, drain the fat and add the turkey to the pot.
- Slice the bockwurst into small 1/4-inch pieces and add to the pot.
- Add the water, milk, and rauchbier to the pot.
- Mix the corn starch with a 1/4-cup of cold water and stir until smooth, add to the chili.
- Put lid on top and simmer, Stirring occasionally for a half-hour.