Did you know that peanuts are not really nuts but are actually a type of bean? Peanuts are sprayed with an array of pesticides and herbicides, so try and use organic peanut butter in this recipe. It will taste better. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- add 1 medium onion
- add 5 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- add 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- add 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 1/2 cups cauliflower
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large soup pot, saute the broccoli, cauliflower, onions, ginger, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper in oil on medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, and peanut butter.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.