Great for Once a Month Cooking as these freeze well.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 1/2 teaspoon peeled gingerroot, finely grated or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- add 1 garlic clove
- add cooking oil
- add 6 ounces ground lean pork or leftover pork
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- add 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- add 18 (6 inch) spring roll wrappers
- add 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- add 1/4 cup carrots
- For Filling: Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Makes about 1 1/4 cups offilling.
- Stir water into flour in small cup until smooth.
- Work with spring roll wrappers 1 at a time. Keep remaining wrappers covered with damp tea towel to prevent drying. Place 1 wrapper diagonally on work surface. Spoon about 1 tablespoons filling onto wrapper near bottom corner. Dampen edges of wrapper with flour mixture. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold side corners over filling. Roll up tightly toward top corner to seal. Cover with damp towel. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Deep-fry spring rolls in 2 or 3 batches in hot cooking oil for about 2 minutes per batch until wrapper is golden. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Makes 18 spring rolls.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
- For OAMC: flash freeze on a cookie sheet for 2 hours and then transfer to ziploc bag, label and return to freezer. To serve: place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.