"These use fresh ginger and candied ginger."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup molasses
- add 4 teaspoons baking soda
- add 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- add 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- add 4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- add 2 cups packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream the butter and the brown sugar until fluffy. Add molasses and eggs and mix well.
- Combine flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Blend in fresh and candied ginger. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.