Sweet strawberries in an crackle glaze....a little time consuming but worth it....
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- add 2 dozen large stemmed strawberries
- add 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- add 1 teaspoon water
- add 2 cups sugar
- add 1/2 cup water
- 1. Do not wash strawberries.Wipe with a dry towe.Place them on a tray in the refrigerator.Prepare another tray, covered with aluminum foil, for the berries after they have been glazed.
- 2.In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, mix the sugar, 1/2 Celsius water and corn syrup.Bring to a boil over moderate hear, stirring occasionally.Mix cream of tarter with 1 teaspoons water and stir into syrup.Raise the heat to high.Place a candy thermometer in the pan and let the syrup boil without stirring until the temperature reaches 290*.
- 3.Immediatly remove from heat.Work quickly.Hold strawberries by stems and carefully dip into glaze to coat thoroughly.Remove from syrup and hold over pan to let excess run off.
- 4.Place on aluminum foil tray and refrigerate as soon as possible.Leave the themometer in place while working, maintaining a temperature of 290*
- 5. Work quickly so the syrup won't turn dark.