Got this recipe when I was a teenager and spent many a meal eating this at a friends house! I just loved it and have never glazed my hams any other way. I quite often halve the glaze when cooking a small ham and it works just fine.
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- add 1/2 cup orange juice
- add 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- add 3 cups brown sugar
- add 8 lbs ham (or smaller)
- Score ham with diamonds, insert whole cloves, bake at 325- 350 for about 1-1 1/2 hours (I add a little water to the bottom of the baking dish).
- baste often with glaze, watching carefully that the outside does not start to burn. ( I usually bake a little first and then start basting with the glaze).
- (I usually purchase pre-cooked boneless.) If desired serve with the glaze drizzled on slices, or even put the sauce in a bowl for the table and everyone can help themselves!) Yummy!