Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
"This is my father's favorite peach recipe because it tastes just like fresh peaches. It's absolutely perfect for a cool summer treat!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 1/2 cups pureed peeled fresh peaches
- add 3 1/2 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add Dash salt
- add 1 dash ground nutmeg
- add 1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
- add 1/4 cup cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg. Stir in water, lemon juice and pureed peaches. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Pour all but 1/2 cup glaze into the pie shell. Top with sliced peaches and brush with reserved glaze. Chill for at least 3 hours.