Surprisingly delicious cookies. Not too sweet, but tasty enough for any occasion. All children love these special treats. Sometimes I sprinkle the tops with a lemony glaze.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 cup sugar
- add 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 1/4 cups grated raw carrots
- add 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 cups sifted flour
- Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; beat well.
- Stir in carrots.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then stir into carrot mixture.
- Add vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly Pam-sprayed cookie sheets.
- Bake in 375* oven for 15 minutes or till light golden brown along edges.