This is not only good for you but also good in you--Making it a healthy comfort food. The recipe comes from HeartHealth.com.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 1 (1/4 cup) container margarine
- add 1 cup cornmeal
- add 1 egg
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1 teaspoon canola oil (to grease pan or use pan spray)
- add 1 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar,and baking powder;In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg, beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to dry ingredients; add margarine, and mix by hand or mixer for i minute.
- Pour mixture into an 8-by-8-inch greased baking dish, bake for 20 to 25 minutes, cool, cut into 10 squares.