This has been a family and friends favorite for over 40 years.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Roma Style)
- add 1 teaspoon parsley
- add 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- add 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- add 2 bay leaves
- add 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1 teaspoon basil
- add 1 teaspoon oregano
- add 1/2 teaspoon red peppers
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a stockpot, combine whole tomatoes (squeeze) and juice, puree, dice tomatoes,tomato sauce, paste, and water, stir.
- Add bay leaves, sugar, garlic, red pepper, basil, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown your meatballs or sausage and add to sauce.
- Cook on simmer or warm for 3 hours, stirring occasionlly.