Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
This is the one recipe that my father's mother made that everyone wanted. She gave it to my mother, who then gave it to me. It is the only cheesecake that I will eat. I make it with Splenda every year at the holidays for the family get togethers.
- add 16 oz Ricotta cheese
- add 16 oz cream cheese ? softened
- add 1 pint sour cream
- add 1 ? cups sugar (or Splenda)
- add 4 eggs
- add 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add ? cup melted butter
- beat cheeses together, add the rest of the ingredients except the butter and sour cream. Beat until thoroughly blended. Mix in sour cream and butter. Pour in springform pan. No, this does NOT include a crust ? it doesn?t need it.
- Set oven to 350 and place cheesecake in oven and bake for 1 hour. Then turn oven off but DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN for at least 1 hour. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate.