Hearty, chunky, hits the spot!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 tablespoon rosemary
- add 1 dash garlic salt
- add 1 cup chopped celery
- add 1 small whole chicken
- add 2 large bay leaves
- add 1 tablespoon dried basil
- add 4 bouillon cubes
- add 1 cup canned green beans or fresh green beans
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1 cup chopped carrots
- add 1 lb rotini whole-wheat pasta
- add 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- add to taste salt and pepper
- add 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- Place small chicken in a large pot and fill with water until it covers the chicken.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Bring to boil, turn heat down and simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is about to fall off the bone. Remove Chicken, de-bone and chop into bite size chunks.
- Return chicken to pot.
- Bring to a boil, add pasta and boil according to package instructions.
- Additional Note: Freezes well. Add pasta just before you are ready to serve.