Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
Had some hashbrowns in the freezer and decided to make a side dish out of them. Turned out to be a winner!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 package hash brown potatoes, thawed. This is important, don't use frozen.
- add 1/2 onion, diced
- add 1 Tbs. real bacon bits
- add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- add 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- add 1/2 tsp. paprika
- add 1 tsp. dried parsley
- add Salt and pepper to taste
- add 3/4 to 1 cup milk or broth depending on how moist you like it.
- add 1 1/2 cup crunchy topping (we used Panko bread crumbs,
- add but crushed crackers, potato chips or french fried onions would
- add work well too.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except topping in a large bowl until well blended and pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crunchy topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.