Great Potato Side Dish
Filed Under: Potatoes/side dish/oven baked,
Servs: 4 Prep: 8m Cook: 35m
Had some hashbrowns in the freezer and decided to make a side dish out of them. Turned out to be a winner!
- 1 package hash brown potatoes, thawed. This is important, don't use frozen.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 Tbs. real bacon bits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk or broth depending on how moist you like it.
- 1 1/2 cup crunchy topping (we used Panko bread crumbs,
- but crushed crackers, potato chips or french fried onions would
- work well too.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except topping in a large bowl until well blended and pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crunchy topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.