I found this recipe on the side of a gyro mix box. So quick and easy! For the gyro mix, use a boxed brand that has couscous as the main ingredient. I used a loaf pan when making this because it held form better that way.
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 (6 1/2 ounce) box casbah brand gyro mix
- add 2 cups plain yogurt or sour cream
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- add 1/2 cup chopped peeled seeded cucumbers
- add 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef or tofu or ground lamb
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint (optional)
- For Loaf:.
- Combine meat and gyro mix in a bowl, mix together well with hands (if using tofu, let rest 10 minutes after mixing before next step).
- Form into a loaf shape and place in a loaf or baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- For Sauce:.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Serve loaf with sauce.