One of our family favorite for summer. Great for entertainment too. Specially if you are by the water
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon ground saffron dissolved
- add in t tablespoon hot water
- add 1 cup fresh lime juice
- add 2 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 onions peeled and thinly sliced
- add 2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- add 3 pounds boneless chicken cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- add ( you could also use chicken drumetes or broiling chickens cut to pieces)
- add Baste:
- add juice of 1 lime
- add 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1- in a large bowl, combine half the saffron water and lime juice, 2 tablespoon olive oil, onions,salt and pepper. mix well. Add the chicken pieces, marinade for at least 2 hours
- 2-Skewer the chickens and put on a tray aside.
- 3- Make your charcoal ready and barbeque the chickens 5-8 minutes on each side, turning them over every two minutes.
- 4- Have a tray of large pitta bread ready, before taking the skewers off the grill, brush them with the baste and place them on the tray cover them with pitta bread.
- Serve with basmatti rice or vegetables.