These burritos have a great flavor and are very filling. This recipe makes a lot, but it reheats well. You can add or take away any number of ingredients to make these fit your family's tastes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large tortilla
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1 can refried beans
- add onions
- add 1 package taco seasoning mix (Recipe #25449)
- add 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans or black beans
- add salsa
- add tomatoes
- add taco sauce
- add sour cream
- add chilies
- add 1 cup instant rice
- add shredded cheese, of choice (I use cheddar)
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- While browning ground beef, cook instant rice according to box directions.
- Warm refried beans in small saucepan.
- In a frying pan mix ground beef, enough water to just cover bottom of pan and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir well.
- Cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes until meat and sauce are combined.
- Add cooked rice and kidney beans to meat mixture.
- Cook until warmed throughout.
- Warm tortilla shells in microwave for 10-12 seconds.
- Cover center of shell with refried beans.
- Add meat mixture, then cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and whatever other ingredients you prefer.
- Fold over one side of tortilla, then fold in both ends.
- Finally fold over the other side of tortilla.
- Carefully place tortilla folded side down on a warm/hot frying pan or griddle.
- Let brown then turn over and brown other side.