This is a great, healthy dinner, lunch or appetizer that fills you up, but doesn't leave you feeling guilty. I love the combination of the chicken with peppers and onion. You can also use your broiler for this recipe.
- add 4 bamboo skewers (soaked in water a few hours)
- add 1 lime, juice of
- add 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add 2 bell peppers, cut in large chunks (red, yellow or green)
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 2 boneless chicken breasts
- add salt & pepper
- add 1 red onion
- add 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- add 1 cup low-fat peach yogurt
- add 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- (4 hours preparation includes the time to marinate the chicken.).
- -Combine yogurt, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger and fresh parsley. Add chicken chunks & refrigerate in a sealed container a few hours.
- -Preheat grill. Peel onions & cut into thick slices, also chunk peppers.
- -Alternate chicken, onion and peppers onto bamboo skewers. Remove excess marinade.
- -Brush w/olive oil & season w/salt & pepper. Grill approximately 10 minutes; turn once & cook until brown & cooked through.
- -Serve over a bed of hot, cooked rice or fresh salad greens.You can even have as an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauces (bbq, honey-mustard, teriyaki, etc).