After trying grilled eggplant on a pizza I was hooked! I changed the recipe so much that I have posted my version. Use more or less sauce, I like mine saucy! My DH, DS and DD all said it's one of the best pizzas they have ever had, and my DH doesn't even like eggplant! Enjoy!
- add 1-1 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (I used Del Monte Green Pepper Mushroom)
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- add olive oil
- add 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- add 2 cups mozzarella cheese (or half provolone)
- add 1 small eggplant
- add 1/4 cup red onions, chopped (optional)
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (button and portobello mix is good!)
- add 2 scallions
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 1 premade 12-inch pizza crust (I used Mama Mary's)
- add olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Place eggplant rounds on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and broil on low about 8" from flame, about 6-8 minutes on each side(or you may grill). Cut rounds in half. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan, lightly saute red bell pepper, scallions, red onion, and mushroomsin olive oil untiltender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Layer pizza crust with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, eggplant, and scallion-red onion-mushroom mixture. Sprinkle over oregano and basil, lightly drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a 450*F. oven for 12-14 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy!