My 9 year old daughter requests Moroccan Chicken whenever I mention 'chicken' is for dinner. This recipe came from a Rotisserie Cookbook I have. The marinade/paste for the chicken can be put on as early as that morning, or as late as an hour before grilling and it will still have a wonderful flavor. You can also leave the chicken whole and put it on a rotisserie if you have one. Enjoy!
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1 (3.5-4 lb) chickens
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 tablespoon paprika
- add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- add 4 garlic cloves
- Prepare the chicken by washing it and patting it dry.(Whole or cut up).
- Mix spice paste ingredients together in a small glass bowl.
- For a whole chicken, rub the paste on the outside and inside and chill in the fridge for a minimum of one hour.For pieces, place them in a large bowl and pour paste over them, mixing until all pieces are coated.Chill for one hour.
- Grill until done.For whole chicken, unitl the thermometer registers 175 in the thinckest part of the thigh.