If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon anise seeds
- add 3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- add <B>For mango mojo</B>
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh jalapeño (including seeds)
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil 4 (3/4-inch-thick) loin pork chops, trimmed
- add 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro<B>For anise-seed rub</B>
- add 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- add 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1 mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
- add 1 large garlic clove
- Prepare grill (do not spread charcoal out to edges of grill).
- Make mojo:
- 3Purée mango, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, and salt in a blender, then stir in cilantro.
- Make rub:
- Finely grind anise seeds and peppercorns in an electric coffee/spice grinder with salt and sugar. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in oil.
- Grill pork:
- Brush both sides of pork with spice rub.
- Grill pork on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 2 minutes on each side. Move pork off to side of grill (not directly over coals; moderately low heat for gas grills) and cook pork, covered, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes more on each side.
- Transfer to a platter and let stand, loosely covered, 5 minutes.
- Serve pork with mojo.
- Cooks' note:
- • If your grill doesn’t have a cover, use
- an inverted metal roasting pan.