Flavorful moist pork roast. Best on the barbecue grill, but can be roasted in oven.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- Chop bacon. Mince garlic.
- Crush rosemary and combine with bacon and garlic.
- Cut pork loin lengthwise almost all the way through middle, leaving 1/4 inch uncut meat along one side.
- Open and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the bacon mixture over the cut surface of meat; close and tie.
- Sprinkle outside of pork loin with salt and pepper.
- Prepare coals for indirect heat with drip pan in center.
- Sear meat at edge of grill directly over coals.
- Move to center, over drip pan.
- Cover the grill.
- Cook meat until cooked through (160°F) (45-60 minutes).
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Watch temperature and be sure not to overcook.
- (Those new remote thermometers for the grill are great for this!) You could also roast in oven, but not as flavorful.