From Weber?s Big Book of Grilling
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add fresh ground black pepper
- add 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- add 1 teaspoon hot chili-garlic sauce (sriracha)
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- add kosher salt
- add 1 medium carrot
- add extra-virgin olive oil
- add 20 large sea scallops (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- add 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- To make the sauce: cut the carrot into ¼-inch slices; add to a saucepan with 1 cup water, soy sauce, sriracha, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil; decrease heat to a simmer and cook until the carrots are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor, adding the vinegar, olive oil, and mint as the processor is running.
- The sauce should have the consistency of ketchup; if too thick, add a bit of water; if too thin, simmer a few minutes to reduce it; set aside.
- Wash the scallops and remove the small, tough, side muscle; put scallops in a bowl.
- Add enough olive oil to lightly coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Place the scallops on the grill grate 1-2 inches apart; grill over direct high heat 4-6 minutes until just opaque in the center, turn once halfway through grilling time.
- Remove from grill and serve warm with dipping sauce drizzled on top or serve sauce in small, individual dipping bowls.