Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
Found this on Get Your Grill On, a BBQ blog with some nice recipes on it! Check it out - http://getyourgrillon.net.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add We started with a little over a pound of fresh diver sea scallops. Half of them went into a Thai marinade:
- add * 4T sweet chile sauce
- add * 1T lime juice
- add * 4T soy sauce.
- add The other half were marinated in my version of Wish Willy?s lime chili marinade that we had in Belize:
- add * 2 garlic cloves crushed
- add * 1t fresh ginger grated
- add * 2T chopped cilantro
- add * 1T hot sauce (preferably Marie Sharp?s)
- add * 1T soy sauce
- add * 1T honey
- add * 3T fresh lime juice
- After marinating for an hour, I threaded the scallops onto wooden skewers that had been soaked in water, and put them on the grill. They were cooked direct on the BGE (Big Green Egg) at about 400?F for about 2 minutes per side. Note that the BGE?s grate extender that helped keep the scallops moist. Scallops are done when they lose their translucence and turn firmer and opaque, not a moment longer.