Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"A fantastic tasting salsa recipe given to me by an extremely close friend. The flavor of roasted tomatoes and spices tastes great with tortilla chips."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- add 4 large ripe tomatoes, halved and seeded
- add 2 red chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange tomatoes on a medium baking sheet. Checking frequently and turning occasionally, broil tomatoes until darkened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a small, sealed container to cool, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard tomato skins. Chop tomatoes and place in a medium bowl. Mix in red onion, garlic, red chile peppers, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and allow to stand about 1 hour before serving.