Servs: 4 Prep: 35m
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large garlic clove<br> 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)<br> 1 lb pizza dough, thawed if frozen<br> 1 lb zucchini (about 2 large), cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices<br> 1/4 teaspoon salt<br> 3/4 lb coarsely grated mozz
- Prepare gas grill for cooking over moderate heat. Preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then, if necessary, reduce to heat specified in recipe.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic with a large heavy knife, then mash to a paste with a pinch of salt using flat side of knife. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Stretch dough with your fingers into a 12- by 10-inch rectangle on a large baking sheet and rub with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover dough with plastic wrap.
- Toss zucchini with salt (1/4 teaspoon) and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Grill zucchini on lightly oiled grill rack, covered, turning occasionally, until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes total. Return to bowl.
- Bring dough, garlic oil, and cheese to grill area. Grill dough, oiled side down, on lightly oiled grill rack, covered, until underside is golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn crust over using tongs and brush with garlic oil. Sprinkle with half of cheese, then arrange zucchini, overlapping slightly, in 1 layer on cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and grill pizza, covered, until underside is golden brown and cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer pizza with tongs and a spatula to a cutting board, then sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with remaining teaspoon olive oil.
- Cooks' note:
- If you aren't able to grill outdoors, pizza can be cooked in a hot lightly oiled well-seasoned large (2-burner) ridged grill pan over moderately high heat, loosely covered with foil after sprinkling with cheese.